[RFC 0/2] dump user space stack

From: Tu, Xiaobing
Date: Wed Apr 11 2012 - 04:18:44 EST

Resend as linux-kernel kicked it back.

From: Tu, Xiaobing
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:07 PM
To: 'akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'mingo@xxxxxxx'; 'rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'a.p.zijlstra@xxxxxxxxx'; 'linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'yanmin_zhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Cc: Zuo, Jiao
Subject: [RFC 0/2] dump user space stack

ããWe often need user space stack call-chain information when debugging hard issues. Here is a prototype and it could work well on X86 architecture.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The idea is to output user space stack call-chain from /proc/xxx/stack, currently, /proc/xxx/stack only output kernel stack call chain. We extend it to output user space call chain
With hex format.
ÂÂÂ In user space, we implement a backtrace tool, it read kernel space and user space stack call chain from /proc/xxx/stack, and converts the hex format into symbols., we tested it on i386/i686 and x86-64. It works well.

Br
Xiaobing

¢éì®&Þ~º&¶¬–+-±éÝ¥Šw®žË±Êâmébžìdz¹Þ)í…æèw*jg¬±¨¶‰šŽŠÝj/êäz¹ÞŠà2ŠÞ¨è­Ú&¢)ß«a¶Úþø®G«éh®æj:+v‰¨Šwè†Ù>Wš±êÞiÛaxPjØm¶Ÿÿà -»+ƒùdš_