Re: v3.4-rc2 out-of-memory problems (was Re: 3.4-rc1sticks-and-crashs)

From: werner
Date: Tue Apr 10 2012 - 03:06:34 EST

After first I tested some hours the 1st,one-line patch by D.R., now is ready compiled and started to be tested his 2nd patch, below. I see he has it already comitted; it would have been better first wait to test it.

The loop suggested below, with this 2nd patch, gives 1560 kB , compared with 1632 kb after the 1st patch, and 1432 kB with kernel 3.3 . On the other hand, 3.3 has clearly the same problem (even if not crashing, it's becoming often very slow, and then there's running kmemleak, what I have to kill for return to the normal speed), but according this 'test' it would be good, so that it's questionable if this test is reliable.

As already reported, the 1st patch cured the problem at least subjectively.

To see if this 2nd patch is good, I have to wait now some hours and observe if the computer becomes slow or even crashs

wl

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:11:45 -0700 (PDT)