3.4-rc ath9k regression (Re: [ath9k-devel] 3.3.1 ath9k regression)

From: Michael Leun
Date: Sun Apr 08 2012 - 19:10:55 EST

After an suspend to disk / resume cycle (in kernel suspend to disk,
openSuSE) with 3.4-rc2 my ath9k wireless does not ping
anymore.

Output of iwconfig wlan0 looks just as usual (associated to AP).

iwconfig wlan0 essid <myssid> fixes this (causes an
deauthenticate/authenticate with AP) - then connectivity is there again.

Guess what: "Of course" does not happen when reverting
c1afdaff90538ef085b756454f12b29575411214 ath9k: fix going to full-sleep
on PS idle.

So, in my opinion it should be seriously considered to revert that patch
until it is fully understood what is going on and why.

It may look theoretically correct (I've no knowledge that would enable
me assess that), but it seems to have caused 3 more or less different
problems to various people.

--
MfG,

Michael Leun