Re: [git pull] vfs part 2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Mar 31 2012 - 15:30:06 EST

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Works here...  OK, that makes selinuxfs one the most likely suspect; let
> me check if I can reproduce any crap with that...  Do you see anything
> selinux-related in the call chain, BTW?

Yup.The oops scrolled off my screen, but the call chain was:

init_sel_fs -> kernel_mount_data -> vfs_kern_mount -> mount_fs ->
sel_mount -> mount_single -> (scrolled off)

and then the actual oops happens in d_alloc+0x17, which is
"parent->d_sb", so parent was NULL or something (the register state
also scrolled off, and I didn't check the fault address, so it could
have been some other invalid pointer too).

Linus