Re: [GIT PULL] Please pull NFS client bugfixes for Linux 3.4...

From: Myklebust, Trond
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 22:28:22 EST

On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 19:20 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Myklebust, Trond
> <Trond.Myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Sure thing... I wasn't aware of that semantic difference, but I'm quite
> > happy to add it to my script...
>
> Thanks. And I noticed that it's supposed to be "tags/xyz" with a "s".
>
> Of course, you might as well just say "xyz" without mentioning the
> tag[s] part at all, unless you have a branch with the same name and
> want to explicitly disambiguate.
>
> Linus

The reason for adding the 'tags' label originally was precisely because
I had an identically named branch, and I wanted to be able to send you
the signed tag instead.

I've attached the script that I use to generate pull requests just in
case someone else doesn't have their own version. It should be fairly
obvious to modify...

--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer