Re: Not able to use HIGH_RES_TIMERS on ARM

From: John Stultz
Date: Thu Mar 22 2012 - 23:24:01 EST

On 03/22/2012 03:25 AM, Ajeet Yadav wrote:
I understand your point,
Our target (2.6) always had ARCH_USES_GETTIMEOFFSET=y , but still we
were able to use the TRACER in past until the patch "kill
GENERIC_TIMER" published, anyone will ask me remove this patch and use
TRACER, becaue it was working before. :)

Ajeet,
Sorry, by TRACER, do you mean PREEMPT_TRACER or something else? And what specific 2.6.X kernel were you using?

Steven, I'm seeing:
config PREEMPT_TRACER
bool "Preemption-off Latency Tracer"
default n
depends on !ARCH_USES_GETTIMEOFFSET

Do you have any context as to why is !ARCH_USES_GETTIMEOFFSET flagged here?

thanks
-john