Re: Proposal: EFI boot stub configuration file

From: Shea Levy
Date: Fri Mar 16 2012 - 17:36:18 EST

On 3/16/12 5:28 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
A file in UCS-2 seems messed up.

Yeah, it seemed like a good way to let the code be dumb but upon reflection it'd just be a confusing inefficiency.

Otherwise, seems like a reasonable idea, with a major caveat... since the whole point of this is to do something when it isn't possible to set NVRAM variables, it would make most sense to me if the configuration file could be founin a specific location relative to the kernel image itself.

OK. I'll try both approaches to see if the code complexity is greatly increased in the relative path case.

Cheers,
Shea