Re: [RFC REPOST] cgroup: removing css reference drain wait duringcgroup removal

From: Glauber Costa
Date: Wed Mar 14 2012 - 05:47:58 EST

On 03/14/2012 04:28 AM, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:
IIUC, in general, even in the processes are in a tree, in major case
of servers, their workloads are independent.
I think FLAT mode is the dafault. 'heararchical' is a crazy thing which
cannot be managed.

Better pay attention to the current overall cgroups discussions being held by Tejun then. ([RFD] cgroup: about multiple hierarchies)

The topic of whether of adapting all cgroups to be hierarchical by deafult is a recurring one.

I personally think that it is not unachievable to make res_counters cheaper, therefore making this less of a problem.