Re: RCU stalls in linux-next

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Tue Mar 13 2012 - 10:02:14 EST

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 04:48:23PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> I've been getting RCU hangs in linux-next.
>
> Also sometimes, when I'm building my smatch database after a kernel
> compile, my system hangs. I'm not certain if the two things are related.

It actually seems to be hanging just after I've built my kernel and
do a: find -name \*.c.smatch -exec cat \{\} \; > warns.txt

My screen froze but I was able to log in via ssh once and type dmesg
but then I hit tab tab twice to trigger the tab completion and it
hung for good.

I'm still not sure the big hang is related to the RCU stalls...

regards,
dan carpenter