[GIT PULL/NEXT] sched/arch: Introduce thefinish_arch_post_lock_switch() scheduler callback

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Mar 13 2012 - 05:27:12 EST

* Russell King <rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:56:28AM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > * Russell King <rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, you're blaming the wrong person. I got the commit via
> > > a pull, not via a patch.
> >
> > This is the most idiotic excuse I've ever read.
>
> Sod this crap, I'm dropping Catalin's patches. [...]

As I said it in my first mail, doing that is unnecessary - but
if you insist on being difficult then Catalin, feel free to pull
the patch from tip:sched/arch:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git sched/arch

HEAD: 01f23e1630 sched/arch: Introduce the finish_arch_post_lock_switch() scheduler callback

it's v3.3-rc7 based so it will generate no conflict with
linux-next. It only contains this commit so you can use it
without pulling in other pending scheduler changes.

This is the trivial and easy Git based topic branch approach
PeterZ asked Russell a month ago to consider:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2012/2/16/232

which request Russell sadly ignored.

In any case, Catalin's ARM work is not blocked in any fashion.

Thanks,

Ingo