sdmmc controllers without vmmc regulator

From: Stephen Warren
Date: Fri Feb 24 2012 - 16:35:17 EST

sdhci_add_host() calls regulator_get(..., "vmmc"), which under device-
tree calls of_get_regulator(), which contains:

regnode = of_parse_phandle(dev->of_node, prop_name, 0);

if (!regnode) {
dev_warn(dev, "%s property in node %s references invalid phandle",
prop_name, dev->of_node->full_name);
return NULL;
}

Thus if the vmmc-supply property is missing, because a board has no
regulator for a particular SD controller (power is always on), then
the warning is printed.

Can we eliminate this warning in of_get_regulator(), and let clients
Control whether they warn when a regulator isn't found, if they think
one is mandatory? I think I'd prefer this option; it's consistent with
the non-DT path in regulator_dev_lookup().

Or, should I set up dummy regulators in device tree to cover this case,
such that an SD controller's vmmc-supply always points at a valid phandle.
In which case, I'd have to add DT support to the dummy regulator.

Thanks.

--
nvpublic