Re: RAS trace event proto

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Wed Feb 22 2012 - 09:25:37 EST

Em 22-02-2012 12:05, Borislav Petkov escreveu:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:32:16AM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
>> So, in other words, I think that the _best_ way to represent an MCA
>> type of error is to use an event with the following prototype:
>
> No, it's not.

Why? It fits with all existing edac drivers, and it seems to fit with
mce_amd, based on the examples you gave.

> And if you're going to repeat yourself for the 100th time as to why,
> don't even bother replying.

Well, a single string is not ok, as it is not easily parseable and it
doesn't allow to use the perf filters.

We need to agree on some trace format that fits, and that covers the
needs by the existing drivers.

I'm ok, if you didn't like the format I've proposed, if you have
a better proposal.

Regards,
Mauro.