Re: TCP_STREAM performance regression on commit b3613118

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Fri Feb 17 2012 - 04:50:43 EST

Le vendredi 17 fÃvrier 2012 Ã 16:18 +0800, Alex,Shi a Ãcrit :
> The tcp_stream loop back performance has about 10% drop on the
> commitment on our core2 2 sockets server. This commit has 2
> parents(7505afe28, 5983fe), but both of them have no regression. So
> guess the impact just happened when this 2 parents joint. That beyond
> our capability to dig it more.
>
> Any ideas?

Most probably the more accurate truesize determination is responsible of
this tcp regression, since some prior assumptions might be wrong.

Want to give more information on the workload ?
Is it a 32 or 64 bit kernel ?

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem
netstat -s