Re: Regulator enable/disable delay based on board design: How tohandle?

From: Laxman Dewangan
Date: Tue Feb 14 2012 - 06:25:32 EST

On Tuesday 14 February 2012 06:39 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
This is part of the reason why the driver_data field is present in the
constraints - the driver can take that and use it as a pdata within
pdata structure. It's not terribly nice to do that but it's possible.
Ok, I was thinking that driver data is specific to machine file and driver will pass this information to the function regulator_init() at the time of call.
But I think it is fine to use this for driver specific data for my case.
Thanks lot for suggestion,
A standard parameter might cause too much complexity as drivers try to
implement it even if they don't really need to (for example, due to
having soft control of this stuff already).

I was thinking that this will be taken care by core if board files override the value (non-zero). So if it is zero then just ignore this parameters otherwise take this value and ignore what driver is returning.
Hence option will be as per data sheet (what driver is returning) or as per board designs (if some more delay is require than specified in datasheet).

Thanks,
Laxman