Re: Linux 3.2.5

From: Matthias Schniedermeyer
Date: Tue Feb 07 2012 - 06:48:21 EST

On 07.02.2012 12:40, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> >>
> >> Please try that kernel parameter.
> >
> > I don't want/need ASPM, disabled is fine with me.
>
> In your case, it appears that sound requires ASPM.

OK. I will try that later today.

But i'm not hopeful because in syslog it says:
ACPI FADT declares the system doesn't support PCIe ASPM, so disable it
ACPI _OSC control for PCIe not granted, disabling ASPM

So if ACPI doesn't want to relinquish control of ASPM, how is Linux
supposed to enable it?

Bis denn