RE: Contiguous Memory Allocator on HIGHMEM

From: Marek Szyprowski
Date: Tue Feb 07 2012 - 04:49:02 EST

Hello,

On Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:06 AM cp.zou wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I'm recently learning CMA, and I want to implement support for
> contiguous memory areas placed in HIGHMEM zone,do you have any suggestions?

CMA memory management core (migration and allocation of pages) should support
areas placed in HIGHMEM without any additional works. The main limitation is
in the DMA-mapping framework. Right now it makes certain assumptions about page
mappings to simplify allocation process. You need to add support for dynamic
mappings there.

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski