Re: [RFC] Extend mwait idle to optimize away IPIs when possible

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 20:48:03 EST

On 02/06/2012 05:34 PM, David Daney wrote:

Well I don't know that part. The gist of my comment was to get rid of an
unneeded new config variable.

If this works just as well for 32-bit, then by all means do it there too.

In any event, I think you want the kernel to automatically do it if the
CPU is capable, and not have a manual config setting you have to fiddle
with.

If this is a transitional thing then it might justify it.

-hpa