Re: [BUG] perf: perf sched warning possibly due to clock granularityon AMD

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 15:28:01 EST

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 05:54:19PM +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 17:46 +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> > > across all CPUs in the entire system.
> >
> > Right, by the "entire system" you mean consistent across cores and
> > sockets but not necessarily across cabinets, as in the comment above,
> > correct?
> >
> > If so, let me ask around if this holds true too.
>
> Every CPU available to the kernel. So if you run a single system image
> across your cabinets, then yes those too.

Ok, but what about that sentence "(but not across cabinets - we turn
it off in that case explicitly.)" - I don't see any place where it is
turned off explicitly... Maybe a stale comment?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
GM: Alberto Bozzo
Reg: Dornach, Landkreis Muenchen
HRB Nr. 43632 WEEE Registernr: 129 19551