Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree(regulator tree related)

From: Mark Brown
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 06:02:37 EST

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 04:15:22PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c: In function 'add_children':
> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:752:10: error: 'struct regulator_consumer_supply' has no member named 'dev'
> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:753:10: error: 'struct regulator_consumer_supply' has no member named 'dev'
> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:754:10: error: 'struct regulator_consumer_supply' has no member named 'dev'
> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:800:10: error: 'struct regulator_consumer_supply' has no member named 'dev'

> Caused by commit 737f360d5bef ("regulator: Remove support for supplies
> specified by struct device").

For stuff like this where it's clear that there's an issue with the
side where the failure is noticed it's helpful to also let the people
working on the driver side know - it can make things work better with
timezones. Unfortunately the TWL driver is both very interesting and
not really getting TLC so it's not a great example here but still. I've
CCed a bunch of random people who show up in the commit log plus Samuel.

I'll fix up this up and carry a patch via the regulator tree.