Re: In many cases softlockup can not be reported after disabling IRQfor long time

From: TAO HU
Date: Thu Feb 02 2012 - 03:17:06 EST

Hi, Don

My concern is not actually that the softlockup could not be reported
while the IRQ is disabled.
What bothering me is that even AFTER re-enable the IRQ, it will not
give warning in many cases.

In theory, disabling IRQ for long time (10s in my case) also implies
the high priority thread (watchdog) is blocked
as well.
So the ideal case is that softlockup driver could give warning right
after the IRQ is re-enabled.
It does so occasionally but fails to be consistent.

--
Best Regards
Hu Tao