Re: mvsas with 3.1

From: Simon McNair
Date: Wed Feb 01 2012 - 04:01:23 EST

Hi Thomas,
I've been trying to get an answer to this same question (I have a
supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 too).  See my post at
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/1/30/107  .

My only suggestion is to get a kernel that's pre 2.6.30 (my Thecus
5200 marvell based unit is on 2.6.13 and it seems okay).  If the data
is mission critical I certainly wouldn't be using the latest kernels
in production until it had 6+months in a stress test environment (of
course I'm an obsessive apt-get upgrade which makes me a hypocrite
:-P).

I can see from searching lkml.org  for mvsas that there is a lot of
code going in to this driver and unless your're a linux guru and can
fix these problems I can only suggest you keep anything important on a
=< 2.6.13 kernel and monitor the situation.

Oh, and keep back ups ;-) (again here's me being the hypocrite).

That's my plan :-(

Simon