Re: so many if conditions in _rtl92c_store_pwrIndex_diffrate_offset.

From: Larry Finger
Date: Sat Jan 28 2012 - 11:44:21 EST

On 01/28/2012 12:31 AM, devendra.aaru wrote:
Hi wireless folks,

in _rtl92c_store_pwrIndex_diffrate_offset (
drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192c/phy_common.c), there are lot of
if conditions, checking the register address.
my understanding is that if the register address matches to a
particular rate, we set the txpower level to a particular group. but
it is even possible with the switch or if else if statements,
please correct me if i am wrong.

Of course, that routine could be recoded using either a switch or if else statements. Unfortunately, I have more pressing matters to attend to. You can, however, submit a patch to change it and send it to the linux-wireless mailing list. You must follow the instructions in Documentation/SubmittingPatches, and the patch must apply using the wireless-testing git tree.

Larry