RE: [RFC 1/3] /dev/low_mem_notify

From: leonid.moiseichuk
Date: Wed Jan 25 2012 - 03:20:16 EST

Good point, but you must take into account that reaction time in user-space depends how SW stack is organized.
So for some components 1s is good enough update time, for another cases 10ms.
If changes on VM happened too often they had no sense for user-space.

Thus from practical point of view having sampling period is not a bad idea.