Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 24

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Jan 24 2012 - 18:20:13 EST

Hi Rafael,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:18:16 +0100 "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any new material touching kernel/workqueue.c or kernel/freezer.c?
>
> We seem to have a freezer regression in linux-next which doesn't seem to be
> present in my tree.

There are no commits in next-20120124 that touch either of those files.

Since v3.2 we have these (so in the merge window and Linus' tree):

$ git shortlog v3.2..master kernel/workqueue.c kernel/freezer.c
Tejun Heo (17):
freezer: fix current->state restoration race in refrigerator()
freezer: unexport refrigerator() and update try_to_freeze() slightly
freezer: implement and use kthread_freezable_should_stop()
freezer: rename thaw_process() to __thaw_task() and simplify the implement
freezer: use dedicated lock instead of task_lock() + memory barrier
freezer: make freezing indicate freeze condition in effect
freezer: test freezable conditions while holding freezer_lock
freezer: kill PF_FREEZING
freezer: clean up freeze_processes() failure path
freezer: make freezing() test freeze conditions in effect instead of TIF_F
freezer: remove should_send_signal() and update frozen()
freezer: fix set_freezable[_with_signal]() race
freezer: restructure __refrigerator()
freezer: use lock_task_sighand() in fake_signal_wake_up()
freezer: remove unused @sig_only from freeze_task()
freezer: kill unused set_freezable_with_signal()
workqueue: make alloc_workqueue() take printf fmt and args for name

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx