Re: coccinelle: semantic patches related to devm_ functions - Fatalerror/Parse error

From: Julia Lawall
Date: Sun Jan 22 2012 - 06:21:07 EST

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012, Thomas Meyer wrote:

Hello,

Again I wanted to run all coccinelle patches against the latest rc1, but
I got this error:
Fatal error: exception Failure("plus: parse error:
= File "/home/thomas/source/linux/scripts/coccinelle/api/devm_request_and_ioremap.cocci", line 32, column 42, charpos = 816
around = '\|', whole content = - \(res->name\|dev_name(dev)\))) {
"

I'm using version 1.0.0-0.rc4.2.fc16.

I think you need to get a newer version of coccinelle. The bug is that it didn't like - on the ( or | or ) of a disjunction, but I fixed that.

julia