Re: ath9k crash 3.2-rc7

From: MR
Date: Wed Jan 18 2012 - 12:30:47 EST

> 2012/1/18 MR <g7af0ec1e3ea1e7b1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>  > I wonder if maybe a congested AP could help.. But unclear how to
>obtain
> >  > that quickly and reliably.
> >
> > Even with debugging off WiFi works reliably across different
conditions.

> you can test frequent roaming with the attached script. also you can
> test roaming, after enabling ASPM(attached script, courtesy: Luis)
> please completely read and understand
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/ASPM
> incorrect tweak may cause hardware issues.

Well, when I got the failure, exactly one roaming attempt happenned...

ASPM seems disabled and from what I understood, it is a Bad Idea to enable
it before fully understanding why exactly it was disabled. I have no time to
acquire this understanding now.

I read the roaming script. I need to get the scan results and then issue
"roam" in loop between all the APs I can access, right? Will try just to
collect some new testing data.

Thanks for the patch - looks like it works fine so far.