Re: [git pull] aush^H^Hdit queue

From: Al Viro
Date: Tue Jan 17 2012 - 19:38:45 EST

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 04:21:11PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ? ? ? ?By all rights it's Eric's stuff; I hadn't got around to resurrecting
> > audit.git until the end of December and this is what was in his tree (minus
> > a couple of things obsoleted by Miklos' "fsnotify: don't BUG in
> > fsnotify_destroy_mark()"). ?Please, pull from
> > git://git.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/audit.git for-linus
>
> Ugh.
>
> You have an extra colon there in that git tree address. Please fix your script.

*blink* Ah, I see... That's not a script, actually - that's cut'n'paste
from .git/config, where it's in the form "gitolite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pub/scm/..."
Normally cut'n'paste starts at slash, this time I got lazy and blindly hit
it from ".kernel"...

Anyway, that should've been a part of script. Fixed...

> But even more annoyingly, this is from the "help text" for one of the
> new options:

> The config option toggles if a task setting it's loginuid requires

*cringe*

Missed that one (and normally I do hunt for typos in commit messaged when
applying). What do you prefer - fix on top of the branch or --amend to
commit in question + cherry-pick of the rest on top of amended? Alternatively,
that could be --amend'ed in the merge commit...