Re: how to Identify and determine NMI sourcing in GHES.c ? forexample , knowing a NMI error is caused by pcie error

From: Lin-Bao Zhang
Date: Mon Jan 16 2012 - 22:58:24 EST

> In firmware first mode (BIOS hold AER service control), AER will be reported via
> APEI HEST Generic Hardware Error Source, AER will be logged by kernel there.
> AER recovery can be triggered there too, but the code has not been merged by
> Linux kernel upstream yet.

Wow! ,from LKML , I have found your patches here :
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-acpi/msg34003.html
I check the latest code from
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v3.2.1/drivers/acpi/apei/ghes.c ,this patch
has been not adopted by upstream.

another question :
for corrected error , hardware can correct it.
but for uncorrected error, especially fatal error , machines need to
be restarted immediately, but for OS ,for different error (NMI
sourcing) ,OS needs to do different ready works before restarting
machine ?

thanks .

-Bob Zhang