Re: more PID churn during boot?

From: Tony Luck
Date: Tue Jan 10 2012 - 14:25:10 EST

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> while the 2012 editions print:
>>
>> udevd (341): /proc/341/oom_adj is deprecated, please use
>> /proc/341/oom_score_adj instead.

Ok - not a kernel problem. Building old kernels (that used to not have this
much churn) while checking for the start point for a bisect started showing
the same churn.

I tracked the start of the problem to when I updated my build machine
on jan 3rd - and it's now throwing a new version of udevd[*] into the initrd
that I throw at my test machine.
Probably a bunch of other initrd components are new versions too.

-Tony

[1] Builds since Jan 3rd all have this extra line in dmesg log:
udev: starting version 147