Re: linux-next: manual merge of the l2-mtd tree with the logfs tree

From: Artem Bityutskiy
Date: Wed Dec 28 2011 - 03:50:35 EST

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 12:48 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Artem,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the l2-mtd tree got a conflict in
> fs/logfs/dev_mtd.c between commit d1cc3ad397f2 ("Logfs: Allow NULL
> block_isbad() methods") from the tree and commit 22aed0c2578c ("mtd:
> introduce mtd_block_isbad interface") from the l2-mtd tree.

Hi, thanks.

> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. I am a
> little worried that the block_isbad member of struct mtd_info may be
> hidden in the future and so break the NULL checks here.

I will take care of all the direct use of "mtd->block_isbad" everywhere
during the 3.3 cycle. So far I just introduced the wrapper functions,
and amended all the users that coccinelle has found.

But it is also OK to use the pointers directly so far (in 3.2), and I
will take care of this by 3.3.

Thanks for taking care of the conflict.

--
Best Regards,