Re: XFS/btrfs performance after IO-less dirty throttling

From: Dave Chinner
Date: Thu Dec 15 2011 - 23:25:14 EST

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 09:53:11AM +0800, Wu Fengguang wrote:
> I'm indeed happy that you don't care that much on that regression
> introduced by me ;-)

Heh.

BTW, do these tests run to ENOSPC?

> 10829.00 +4.3% 11296.00 TOTAL xfs:xfs_delalloc_enospc

This implies that it does.

If so, I'm not sure how much we can really trust these overall
results because allocation and writeback speeds at ENOSPC is
anything but deterministic. It will certainly have an effect
(detrimental) on throughput as the filesystem gets close to full....

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner