Re: printk() vs tty_io

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Dec 15 2011 - 14:03:30 EST

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:56:45AM +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> [ Personally I think USB serial console is insane, if you really need
> something like that use the ehci-dbgp thing, that at least has a chance
> of working. ]

USB serial console was written on a drunken bet and the fact that it
even works at all constantly amazes me. I know people use it as that's
all they have access to, but for "real" debugging, you are right, you
need the ehci-debug device to ensure that you really get the oops
messages the system sends out.

thanks,

greg k-h