Re: REGRESSION: v3.2-rcX: iwlagn refuses to associate with my AP's

From: Ted Ts'o
Date: Tue Dec 13 2011 - 15:17:58 EST

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 07:22:37PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:

> I think this is. It's interesting though that it is deauthenticating --
> is there anything in the log before? But since you bisected it to the TX
> sync commit, I'd say let's try the below patch. You might have to adjust
> the iwl-mac80211.c file to iwl-agn.c, I'm not entirely sure what version
> has the moved code.
>
> Please let me know -- this commit is probably the right thing to do
> until we get rid of tx_sync completely.

Well, this patch seems to fix things for the non-authenticated case.
I can now associate with the GoogleGuest SSID without any problems.
I'm still having problems associating with the EAP-TLS encrypted
network, but that looks like it's a different bug. (And that may
explain why I had so much trouble bisecting this; there are two issues
that have very similar symptoms.)

I did have to slightly modify your patch since at least as of 3.2-rc5,
the functions involved were in a different file (iwl-agn.c).

I tried Wey's patch, but it didn't seem to result in any change in
behavior, as you had suggested.

OK, now to see if I can figure out what's going on with the EAP-TLS
authentication case....

- Ted