[patch 0/4] mm: bootmem / page allocator bootstrap fixlets

From: Johannes Weiner
Date: Tue Dec 13 2011 - 08:59:42 EST

Hi Uwe,

here is a follow-up to your bootmem micro optimizations. 3 and 4
directly relate to the discussion, 1 and 2 are cleanups I had sitting
around anyway.

Unfortunately, I can't test them as x86 kernels no longer build with
CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEM=n, but I suspect that you might have access to
non-x86 machines ;-) so if you can, please give this a spin - I don't
want this stuff to go in untested.

[ Fun fact: nobootmem.c is 400 lines of bootmem API emulation that is
just incompatible enough that one can not switch between bootmem and
nobootmem without touching callsites. ]