[patch 0/3] Patches in a sake of checkpoint/restore, procfs and prctls

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Mon Dec 12 2011 - 15:17:26 EST

Hi,

while /proc/pid/children patch is still under review/rework other
patches were fixed and I hope in good shape. The first one introduces
CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE Kconfig symbol which should be a lever to
turn on/off all c/r related features for those who not need it. In
particular new prctl codes are covered by.

Eric pointed that /proc/<pid>/stat enhancement might be a dangerous
one from user-space point of view, so while I've successfuly tested
it, it doesn't mean I've covered every single user-space utility which
might use this file, and if it's still considered to be pretty harmful
change -- I'll hapily move to /proc/pid/statm or whatever. The only
reason it was introduced in "stat" -- we already have mm->start_code
and etc there, so I wanted to have them in one place, not sprinkled
over several files.

Any complains are welcome as usual.

Cyrill