what's the replace for the big kernel lock after kernel version2.6.39 for system call.

From: Wen Yan Xin
Date: Mon Nov 28 2011 - 04:07:50 EST

Hi all,

I have a trouble of working on kernel 2.6.39 and later. Originally when our kernel module startups, it hooks some file system call, like sys_open... , and the big kernel lock - lock_kernel() - will be held before creating the hook to prevent user application use system calls, and be released after the hook created.

But after the kernel 2.6.39, the big kernel lock has been removed. I'm thinking there should be one or more lock that should be used.

So, my question is which lock should be held now, when we hook the system call of file system?

I'd really appreciate your answer in advance.

--

Succeeded.