[BUG] 3.2-rcX regression: boot failure on AMD K6-III/450

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Sat Nov 26 2011 - 13:18:11 EST

Verified for 3.2-rc[1-3]. Subject system using LILO as bootloader.
The following messages appear on the console:

BIOS data check successful
Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok
<blank line>
Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done.
Booting the kernel.
<hang here -- no further output>

The console output is normal and expected up to the point of the hang.
Versions 3.1 and prior work fine. I had earlier thought the floppy
regression Pavel reported applied to my case (and it may), but I don't
seem to be getting that far in the boot process.

--Bob