Re: [BUG] 3.2-rcX radeon KMS system freeze

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Fri Nov 25 2011 - 18:00:25 EST

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 02:33:51PM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Apologies for the less-than-useful bug report. If there's anything I
> can do to generate/capture more diagnostic info, please don't hesitate
> to let me know. I'll be able to try a 3.2-rc3 kernel later today.

Update for 3.2-rc3. Logged-in via the kdm-greeter screen, and just as
soon as the kde session initialization started, I toggled back to a
virtual console to see if any error messages were being written there.
The only suspicious thing I saw was *many* messages in syslog of the
form:

<date> <hostname> kernel: do_entUnaUser: 836779 callbacks suppressed

as "virtuoso-t" started running. I decided to chance switching to the
X11 session, and it ran for a little while before the system froze. The
freeze "feels" like an out-of-memory condition, which could explain the
lack of error messages. Things got really slow just before the system
became completely unresponsive.

--Bob