Re: Linux 3.2-rc3 - just in time for Thanksgiving

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Nov 24 2011 - 20:01:48 EST

On Thursday, November 24, 2011, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Hey, since most of the US will be in a food-induced coma tomorrow, I
> just *know* that doing a new release candidate is a good idea.
>
> One quarter arch updates, two quarters drivers, and one quarter random
> changes. Shake vigorously and serve cold..
>
> And maybe the rest of the world can try to make up for the lack of any
> expected US participation? Hmm?

Well, unfortunately, this kernel is unusable on my Acer Ferrari One.

First off, it hangs solid every time several seconds or at last a few
minutes after boot. I haven't been able to collect any debug data from
it yet, but one of the symptoms is black screen with (unmovable) mouse
cursor (this only happens when X has been started, but the box hangs without
X too).

Second, the wireless is apparently unable to associate with the AP
(that 3.1-rc10 works with correctly on the same box).

Tomorrow I'll try to identify the offending commits.

Thanks,
Rafael