ARCH_PXA_ADX

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Tue Nov 15 2011 - 05:09:52 EST

0) Since v2.6.32 the mainline tree supports the "Avionic Design Xanthos
Backlight Driver" (BACKLIGHT_ADX) and the "Avionic Design Xanthos
watchdog" driver (ADX_WATCHDOG). These were added in commit 3b96ea9ef8
("[...] Add support for the Avionic Design Xanthos backlight device.")
and 38461c5c08 ("[...] Add support for the Avionic Design Xanthos
watchdog timer.").

1) Both drivers' Kconfig symbols depend on the Kconfig symbol
ARCH_PXA_ADX. At that time this symbol didn't exist. It still doesn't. I
haven't been able to find anything remotely related (ie, I even did
things like "git grep -i PXA | grep -i ADX").

2) So it seems these two drivers could never have been built from the
mainline tree. (I'm starting to think that the config tools should
somehow check stuff like this.)

3) Is the above correct? If it is, why shouldn't I submit the trivial
patch to remove both these drivers?

Paul Bolle