Re: Mercurial linux-kernel repository at kernel.org?

From: John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Date: Fri Nov 11 2011 - 14:37:44 EST

>> I do not use it, but are there any plans to restore it?
>
> Not on kernel.org, certainly.

I'll actually say, it hasn't been an immediate priority given the number
of other tasks that are more immediately pending.

> I asked the kernel.org admins a while back to send me a copy of the SHA
> map file from my account I needed to continue the mirror elsewhere and
> HPA declined, making some handwaving towards "eventually letting people
> download tarballs of their old accounts".

There hasn't been any serious movement on getting you your home
directory for several reasons:

1) You haven't asked for your account to be reinstated on kernel.org. I
have no record of you having ever sent in a gpg key at all, let alone
one that's been signed so we can verify you and your request

2) Without a gpg key so we can verify you and your request, we can't
encrypt your home dir and get it to you.

3) You asked hpa directly and not ftpadmin@xxxxxxxxxx