Re: iwlagn: memory corruption with WPA enterprise

From: TomÃÅ JanouÅek
Date: Wed Nov 09 2011 - 10:54:15 EST

Hello Stanislaw,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 05:03:43PM +0100, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
> You may try debugging patches I posted a while ago:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=131914560820378&w=2
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=131914560820293&w=2
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=131914560820317&w=2
>
> With a bit of luck, kernel should panic and dump call-trace when
> bad code start to write at memory addresses where is not suppose
> to.

Thanks for your suggestions. I did as you told me, applied those 3 patches on
top of 3.1 + net-next (the one from 29 Oct 2011), enabled all those things in
config and passed corrupt_dbg=1 on cmdline, but the problem happens without
anything being written to dmesg.

Am I just lacking a bit of luck, or could it mean something (like that the
error is in hardware, the microcode, or something like that)?

Regards,
--
TomÃÅ JanouÅek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/