Re: [F.A.Q.] the advantages of a shared tool/kernel Git repository,tools/perf/ and tools/kvm/

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Date: Wed Nov 09 2011 - 07:27:04 EST

Hi,

>>> Plus allowing full .perfconfig configurability of all the relevant
>>> colors, for those with special taste.
>>
>> Sure. Maybe also allow multiple color sections and pick them by $TERM
>> or --colors switch, i.e. [colors "xterm"].
>
> Its fully configurable as of now, what we need is a set of .perfconfigs
> that show how people think its better, we try it, set it as the default,
> leave the others in tools/perf/Documentation/perfconfig/color.examples.

Yep, a set of examples works too.

The colors are not fully configurable yet though. First, when switching
all five colorsets to "default, default" there are still things which
are colored (top bar, bottom bar, keys help display). Second there is
no way to set terminal attributes (i.e. "top = bold" or "selected =
reverse").

cheers,
Gerd