Re: HSI framework for linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Nov 08 2011 - 16:52:00 EST

Hi Carlos,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:27:46 +0300 Carlos Chinea <carlos.chinea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been working in an HSI framework for linux:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/6/10/280
>
> The framework is in good shape and is currently being used for some
> people so we would like it to see it integrated, if possible, for 3.3
>
> Latest discussion for integration:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/20/177
>
> Therefore, could you add the following tree to linux-next ?
> git@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:kernel-hsi/kernel-hsi.git for-next
>
> Currently the framework does not have any HSI/SSI controller driver, but
> myself I am working on an SSI OMAP one, which needs some changes to get
> full acceptance. So hopefully I will have the changes done and acked on
> time.
> There are also other people preparing their controllers for integration
> (see the integration discussion)

Right, so -rc1 has been released so I can consider this. Just a couple of things:

Linus (and the rest of us) is being a bit nmore paranoid about
where to fetch trees from. Public git hosters (like gitorious) can be
problematic since it is hard for us to verify the owners of trees
reliably. You either need to apply for a kernel.org account, or you will
need to add a signed tag to your tree before asking Linus to pull from
it. And that atg will have to be singned with a GPG key that can be
verified by Linus ...

I am not sure how to translate that gitorious URI above into a
simple, publically fetchable URI (git://gitorious.org...).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx