Re: [RFC/GIT PULL] Linux KVM tool for v3.2

From: Joerg Roedel
Date: Fri Nov 04 2011 - 09:14:38 EST

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 02:35:18PM +0200, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> We are reusing kernel code and headers and I am not interested in
> copying them over. Living in the kernel tree is part of the design,
> whether you like it or not.

Besides that the KVM tool with its small and clean code-base is a really
nice reference on how to use the KVM kernel interface for anyone willing
to implement its own user-space. As a developer you can learn a lot more
from it as by reading the files on Documentation/. So I think it should
definitly be part of the kernel source tree.

Whether it lives in tools/ or Documentation/ ... I don't care. In tools/
is certainly better for all the developers already using the it for
testing their kernels.

Regards,

Joerg