RE: sb_edac 32-bit compile fail due to 64-bit divide

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 12:31:54 EST

>> Of course, an interim fix would be to make it depend on CONFIG_64BIT or CONFIG_X86_64.
>
> That would work I guess. It's up to you.

Typically the test platforms I get have pretty much the minimum sane memory
configuration - my Sandy Bridge EP machine came with 32GB of memory (which
is theoretically bootable with a 32-bit kernel, but really isn't going to
be much fun to use). So I would think that time could be spent on more
productive things than making this edac driver work on 32-bit. My vote
is for the "depends on 64-bit" solution.

-Tony