Re: SDHCI regression since 2.6.39

From: CaT
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 08:54:25 EST

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:54:08PM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

Ok. Thread is a bit dated but the bug is the same by the looks of it.
Apologies to anyone hit by the funk of a thousand years. :)

> On 09/14/2011 11:38 AM, Chris Ball wrote:
> > It could indeed be some kind of signal integrity issue. The easy way to
> > investigate that would be to boot Windows and see if it works there, and
> > the hard way would be to find a friendly hardware hacker with a nice scope.
>
> I have the original HDD with Windows on it around here somewhere; when I
> get the chance I'll switch them around and see what Windows thinks of it
> (I guess if its still failing then its a warranty fix).

I have an X220 with the same issue. Using a MicroSDHC card with an adapter.

Windows likes it, Linux does not. Very similar looking errors as what Jeremy
has.

Linux: 3.1
BIOS: 1.21 (08/02/2011)
OS: Debian Wheezy

SanDisk adapter with Kingston 4GB MicroSDHC card.

I could help with any testing.

--
"A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."