Re: linux-next: Tree for Nov 3

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 07:41:52 EST

Hi Sedat,

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 08:29:06 +0100 Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Whuzzz up with VFS tree(s)?
>
> [1] and [2] lists:
> vfs git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs-2.6.git#for-next

I undrestanm that Al is unwell. This tree has not been restored since
the troubles on kernel.org.

> vfs-scale git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/npiggin/linux-npiggin.git#vfs-scale-working

Again, this is one of the trees that has not been restored.

> Isn't vfs-scale [2] done?

Maybe.

> I have so long not heard or read from Nick Piggin (vfs-scale), I hope
> he is well.

People don't seem to let me know when trees are no longer needed.

> Christoph take over as interim VFS stuff from Al (hope he is well,
> too) and I have seen his and pending stuff from FS folk was merged
> into Linus-tree.

Yeah, Linus has pulled it so quickly I did not see the point in adding it
to linus-next.

> Christoph, your for-next GIT branch [3] is dedicated for linux-next (v3.3)?

Hi Chrisoph, is this tree going to be ongoing (but I don't want v3.3
stuff until after the merge window closes)?

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx