Re: REGRESSION: "perf: Add PM notifiers ..." breaks resume

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Nov 02 2011 - 20:00:57 EST

Peter, Ingo, ping?

Quite frankly, I'm inclined to revert that patch just for being
horribly ugly and apparently broken regardless of the fact that it
also causes a regression.

*Notifiers* for doing something like this? smp_call_function? That's
just utter sh*t, guys.

If it is CPU state, then it should damn well be suspended and resumed
as part of CPU suspend and resume. No IPI cross-calls to ask other
CPU's to do random work, no crap like that.

Comments? Should I just revert the thing (silence is obviously "yes"
in cases like this where we are talking about regressions anyway)?

Linus