Re: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)

From: Tony Luck
Date: Tue Nov 01 2011 - 13:06:13 EST

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe it's because I'm used to having all my mail locally, but
> searching all my emails is one of my most common operations. The gmail
> web interface does that fine.

I've had my gmail account subscribed to LKML since the dawn of gmail.

It used to be snappy for searches - but it got slower as my mailbox
filled (a few months ago I had to throw out the oldest couple of years of
LKML because I was getting close to the gmail limit - I'm back up to
86% again now, so getting close to another purge).

So - don't get too used to speed in gmail.

-Tony